Taking care of our environment is an important part of our social responsibility and we are taking active measures to reduce the environmental impact of our operations. One such measure is encouraging our members to stop receiving the paper version of their monthly statements and to sign up for our online statement instead.
For every member with online statements, we will donate $5 to the Caisse GREEN Fund, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applications for funding from the GREEN Fund must meet the following criteria:
- The objective of the project must be to protect or enhance the environment, for the direct benefit of as many people or communities as possible. Environmental benefits could include the following:
- Protect, restore, enhance or develop greener surroundings including parks, greenspace, etc.
- Provide healthier food or water supply
- Protect or restore ecosystems, including lakes, rivers, etc.
- Encourage environmental leadership and innovation in the community
- Encourage positive environmental change in the community
- The project or activity must be undertaken by a community organization or co-operative located in one of the communities served by Caisse Financial Group.
- The project or activity must be for the benefit of one or more communities served by Caisse Financial Group.
- The project or activity must have a start date and an end date.
Financial assistance will vary according to the project. The fund will try to assist as many projects as possible.
Priority ranking will be given to:
- Projects in the communities where our branches have shown the highest level of reduction of paper statements.
- Projects that benefit the largest number of people or communities.
Request for Funding
The maximum funding available every year is $10,000.
To request funding from the Caisse GREEN Fund, complete the Community Sponsorship Application Form and tick “GREEN Fund”.
The application form can be sent at anytime during the year:
- via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via mail to:
Attention: Administration and Marketing Coordinator
Caisse Financial Group
400-205 Provencher Boulevard
Winnipeg MB R2H 0G4
Each application is reviewed carefully and evaluated according to the eligibility and selection criteria.
GREEN Fund Recipients:
|École Ile des Chênes School Playground Committee||School Playground Redevelopment - Phase 2||2017|
|The Fort Whyte Foundation Inc. (O/A FortWhyte Alive)||Build inclusive & bilingual destination - Translation trail signage & guide||2017|
|École Ste. Anne Immersion Playground||Outdoor Classroom and Playground||2016|
|Garden Ridge Park||Community Green Space||2016|
|École Lorette Immersion||Outdoor Classroom Playground Enhancement||2015|
|Parc Belle Rivière Park||New Community Park and Playground||2015|
|École St. Eustache||Playground Revitalization||2015|
|Conseil jeunesse provincial||Bicycle Repair Co-operative||2015|
|École Taché||New School Yard||2014|