The Credential Asset Management Investment Specialists at Caisse Financial Group offer a wide range of mutual funds from the top fund companies to assist you with retirement planning, education savings, tax free savings and more.
How a mutual fund works
- A mutual fund combines the assets of many investors and invests the pooled funds in securities such as government treasury bills, government and corporate bonds, mortgages or stocks.
- The diversified portfolio of a mutual fund is designed to help soften the impact of market fluctuations.
- When you invest in a mutual fund you are buying units of the fund and each unit represents a portion of the fund value.
- Returns are earned in the form of interest, dividends or capital gains depending on the type of investments in the mutual fund.
- Returns are not guaranteed and are based on the performance of the investments in the mutual fund.
- A mutual fund can be held in a TFSA, RRSP, RRIF, RESP or a non-registered account.
- Management fees are charged based on the portfolio amount and the type of mutual fund.
- We can set up pre-authorized transfers from your chequing or savings account to your mutual fund account to ensure you reach your savings objective.
Contact an Investment Specialist. Consultations are free of charge.
Mutual funds and financial planning are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured or guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. Their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.