WHAT TO DO IF IT HAPPENS TO YOU?
Acting quickly can minimize the damage and help prevent further fraud or theft.
Contact your Caisse Financial Group branch immediately:
- If you suspect that someone knows the Personal Identification Number (PIN) of your Debit Card or e-Caisse
- If you believe there are errors or omissions in your account
- To notify of any loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized use of your debit card
- If you are unable to retrieve your card from an ATM or if someone tries to distract you while using one
- If you suspect fraud or identity theft.
- Notify your Caisse Financial Group branch immediately. They can provide advice on how to limit access to your credit card or financial accounts and investments.
- Call the police and file a report. Keep a copy of the report for your records.
- Change your PIN and passwords immediately.
- Keep a list of the people you speak to when reporting a fraud, recording all dates, names, phone numbers and what was said.
If you lose your debit card or credit card, or you suspect someone has created a duplicate card, let your Caisse Financial Group branch know immediately.
If the ATM or point of sale device looks like it’s been tampered with don’t insert your card or enter your PIN.
Report your lost or stolen device to your carrier so they can disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement.