Community Sponsorship Application Form
Eligible community organizations and co-operatives can apply for funding for projects and activities.
Each application is reviewed carefully and evaluated according to the eligibility and selection criteria.
Note: The community sponsorship program assists projects, activities and initiatives of a community or charitable nature. All other requests, such as advertising or any other promotion, should be addressed directly to our marketing department at our Corporate Office.
We have three focus areas to guide the selection of sponsorships.
The activities, initiatives and projects must contribute to at least one of these three focus areas:
1. Building strong and vibrant communities
- Building secure, clean, ecological and attractive communities
- Initiating solutions to community priorities
- Ensuring or increasing access to essential services
- Encouraging co-operation and relationships within the community
2. Sustainable development of the local economy
- Strengthening community programs or services that contribute to the local economy
- Promoting the offer and / or consumption of local products and services
3. Celebrating community pride and culture
- Sharing community pride and honoring local culture
- Promoting cultural diversity and bilingualism
- Bringing the community together in the spirit of co-operation
We will prioritize contributions to activities, initiatives and projects that:
- Reach the greatest number of beneficiaries
- Build relationships and community partnerships
- Respect the environment
- Fit in one of these categories:
- Non-profit organizations
- Registered charitable organizations
- Economic or community development organizations
- Social enterprise (social, ecological or culture mandate and reinvests all its profits in the community or the enterprise itself)
- Be located in the province of Manitoba
- Serve Manitoba residents
Sponsorships and donations are not permitted to the following:
- For-profit organizations or companies
- Political parties and related activities
- Realized losses and / or operational funding
- Projects that do not benefit residents of Manitoba
We will prioritize contributions to organizations that are:
- Active members of Caisse Financial Group
- Located in the communities where our branches are located
- Requests of less than $10,000
The official application form can be submitted at any time at any Caisse branch location or to the attention of the Administration and Marketing Coordinator at our Corporate Office. Requests will be evaluated within four weeks of date of reception. Please refer to the distribution guidelines below when completing your application.
- Requests of $10,000 or more
These applications will be accepted until March 1st and will be evaluated only once per year following the date of remittance, with the selection being announced in early June. The official application form must be submitted to the attention of the Administration and Marketing Coordinator at our Corporate Office. Please refer to the distribution guidelines below when completing your application.
Caisse Financial Group will distribute a maximum of 5% of its annual profits to community sponsorships.
The total funding available normally ranges between $200,000 – $250,000 annually.
To ensure an equitable distribution among communities and the applicants, the following guidelines will be used to determine the maximum amount of funding per project or activity. The maximum will not necessarily be awarded.
1. Annual project or activity: Non-capital project or activity that occurs on an annual basis.
Generally, the maximum funding shall be limited to $2,000, depending on the duration, number of beneficiaries and visibility of the project or activity. However, projects or activities that reach or benefit more than one community may be awarded more than the maximum.
2. Ad hoc project or activity: Non-capital project or activity does not occur on an annual basis.
The maximum funding shall be limited to the lesser of 25% of:
a) the total cost of the project
b) amount to be contributed by the private sector
Total project cost = $40,000
Subsidies/Grants = $20,000
Total to be contributed by the private sector = $20,000
The maximum funding would be the lesser of
a) $40,000 X 25% = $10,000
b) $20,000 X 25% = $5,000
Therefore the maximum funding for the project would be $5,000.
3. Capital Project: Renovation, addition or new construction.
The maximum funding shall be limited to the lesser of:
a) 1% of total project costs
Total project cost = $10 million
The maximum funding would be the lesser of:
a) 10,000,000 X 1% = $100,000
Therefore the maximum funding for the project would be $50,000.