RRIF GICOpen Account
A RRIF GIC is used to invest funds at a fixed rate in a Registered Retirement Income Fund.
|**Indicates a special offer for a limited time. Some conditions apply. Contact your branch for details.
- Our redeemable GIC can be withdrawn anytime without interest penalty.
- Our non-redeemable GIC is locked in for the length of the term.
- Terms range from 1 to 5 years.
- No fees except if transferred to another financial institution.
- Guaranteed without limit by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba.
Contact a Branch near you.
Interest is calculated daily and is paid at maturity for terms of one year or less or annually for terms exceeding one year. Rates subject to change without notice.
You can open a RRIF Savings Account at any time.
- Funds are accessible anytime
- No minimum balance
- No fees except if transferred to another financial institution
- Guaranteed without limit by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba
Contact a Branch near you
Interest rate is variable. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly. Rate subject to change without notice.
How a RRIF worksOpen Account
- A RRIF is the next step after RRSP
- You can only contribute to a RRIF by transferring funds from a RRSP.
- The funds in your RRSP must be transferred to a RRIF by the end of the year in which you turn 71 years old (or the funds in the RRSP must be withdrawn in full).
- Income earned is not taxable so long as it stays in the RRIF.
- You must receive minimum payments every year from your RRIF.
- Payments from a RRIF are taxable upon receipt.
- To view the updated RRIF Declaration of Trust, please click here.