Deposit Anywhere™ is a feature on the Caisse Mobile App, available on Google Play and the App Store, that allows you to deposit cheques in Canadian Funds by taking a photo of them on your device and submitting them. Anywhere, anytime.
Depositing a cheque with Deposit Anywhere™ is easy
- Open the Caisse Mobile App on your mobile device.
- Select Deposit.
- Select account and enter the amount.
- Snap a photo of the front and back of your cheque.
- Confirm the details.
- The funds will be deposited securely into your account.
- Write “Deposited” and the date on the cheque.
- Keep the cheque in a safe place for a minimum of 90 days before shredding it.
Deposit Anywhere™ is free for personal accounts. Although Caisse Financial Group does not currently charge for this service, you may be subject to data usage fees through your wireless carrier.
See our service fees for business and agricultural accounts.
Accessing funds after depositing a cheque
Similar to deposits at an ATM or in the branch, funds immediately appear in your account with availability subject to normal hold periods, up to 7 business days.
Disposing of the physical cheque
You do not need to send us the cheque, but you are required to keep your cheque for 90 days after which it must be destroyed within 120 days.
Write “Deposited” and the date of deposit on the cheque. Destroy the cheque after 90 days.
Types of cheques that can be deposited
You can deposit cheques payable in Canadian dollars and drawn at any Canadian financial institution. They must be payable to the payee.
Confirmation of deposit
You have the opportunity to review details and make changes on the deposit confirmation screen before submitting. The app will confirm the amount entered is the same amount as shown in the photo. If this is not the case, the app will give you an error message and ask you to edit the amount.
Here are some fast tips:
- Are you entering the amount with any extra symbols?
When entering the amount of the cheque, do not enter any commas, dollar sign or other special characters other than the decimal period. (i.e. If the cheque is for $1,543.89, enter 1543.89 as the amount).
- Have you tried taking the picture on a clean, flat and contrasting surface without obstructions and with good lighting?
- Have you tried taking the picture from further away which helps reduce the size of the cheque image within the white brackets?
- If you have received an error, please record the exact wording of the error or take a picture/screenshot, along with the time and date of the unsuccessful deposit. Please submit any support inquiries by contacting your branch.
In the case that there is an issue with the deposit after you receive confirmation of the deposit, a Caisse representative will call you.
Safety and Fraud Prevention
As a feature of the Caisse Mobile App, Deposit Anywhere™ meets the same high standards as our online banking services e-Caisse. By including it within the mobile app, your transactions are protected and confidential. Cheque images are not stored on your device.
Deposit Anywhere™ is safe and secure. There are no additional security concerns beyond those currently associated with physical cheque deposits. Additionally, Deposit Anywhere™ meets the same high standards as our online banking services e-Caisse.
Public WI-FI connections should not be used for transacting online. Learn more about fraud and cyber security.
Limit of cheque deposits
You must deposit one cheque at a time with a maximum of 30 transactions per month.
Taking a picture of the cheque
The mobile Remote Deposit Capture performs over 30 image quality assurance tests on each cheque image submitted to ensure that the photo is accurate and that each field can be read. If the image does not meet all the criteria, the deposit transaction will fail and you will be asked to take a new picture.
Deposit Anywhere™ is a trademark of Central 1 Credit Union. Caisse Financial Group is a licensed user.