What this means for Caisse Financial Group members and employees:
• Wearing a mask is recommended, but optional.
• Sanitization stations at all locations will remain available.
• All Caisse employees will continue to practice proper hygiene methods and frequent sanitization of workstations.
• Physical distancing of two metres for all staff and visitors is still recommended.
We appreciate our members’ understanding and patience to help us keep everyone in our communities safe.
Due to COVID-19-related staffing shortages, the wait times in our branches or by telephone may be longer than usual. Whenever possible, please consider using alternative banking methods such as:
If you are not set up with online banking, please call your local branch for assistance. We kindly thank you for your patience and understanding.
|Caisse remains committed to supporting you through all our various channels. Here are some ways to manage your finances instead of coming into a branch:
• Caisse Mobile App
• Online banking via e-Caisse
• Telephone banking via Télé-Caisse
• Find the nearest Caisse ATM
• Find the nearest Credit Union Ding Free ATM
• Call your local Branch(Due to COVID-19-related staffing shortages, telephone wait times may be longer than usual.)
If you do not currently have access to e-Caisse or Télé-Caisse, please contact your local branch.
Use these channels to:
• View your account details and transactions
• Send electronic money transfers
• Pay your bills
• Deposit cheques
• Withdraw cash
To see the complete list of functionalities, click here.
Personal Mortgage & Loan Support:
If you have been negatively impacted financially by COVID-19, we will work with you to discuss your options and put in a plan that works best for you. Some options available are interest only or deferred payments for up to six months on your conventional and insured mortgages and personal loans. Please call your local branch for more details.
Caisse members are able to register for CRA Direct Deposit as a way to receive the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). Eligible members can apply for CERB through the Government of Canada. Members who are already registered for CRA Direct Deposit will not need to register again and only need to apply for CERB online. For questions and information about CERB, please visit the Government of Canada’s website.
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) with CRA
What about my travel insurance coverage?
If you purchased travel insurance with your Collabria Visa credit card, please visit the Desjardins Insurance website for coverage information.
|Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our members and employees and we are taking added precautions to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. Our branches and corporate office have incorporated added precautionary measures including enhanced hygiene protocols and changes to corporate policies. We will continue to follow the guidance of local and international health authorities to make informed decisions.|
|Cybercriminals have been using the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic to launch phishing attacks and various other scams. As the public continues to seek out information on the disease, cybercriminals will increasingly try to exploit public fears with targeted attacks. This type of scam includes:
• Medical Advice Emails
• Corporate Policy Emails
• Business Email Compromise
• Fake Deceptive Online Ads
• Malicious Email Campaigns
• Questionable Offers
• Fraudulent Charities Requests
• Cleaning Services
• Spoofed Government, Healthcare or Research Information
Protect yourself from this scam by only using trusted resources for information related to COVID-19 and go directly to their site.
Canadian Centre for Cyber Security – Cyber Hygiene for COVID-19
To find out about the latest information regarding COVID-19, click here to consult the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website.
Read here about the latest decisions being made by Caisse and the actions being taken relating to COVID-19.